Besides having a great marina, Sugar Loaf also has a great campgrounds. This part of the lake is ideal for fishiing, skiing, boating, or hiking. Sugar Loaf campground offers 95 sites, many have great views of the lake and mountain. Sugar Loaf Mountain provides a great spot to take a hike. The 1.5 mile trail takes you 1001 feet above sea level (540 ft. above lake level). Some of the services and the amenities the park offers are-Boat Launch Ramps
-Camper Dump Station
The campground is open from April to November. The campsites can be reserved by contacting Reserve USA.
Another great RV park in the Sugar Loaf area is Toad’s Mean Green RV Park.
Toad’s Mean Green RV Park is a fantastic park with something for everyone. Enjoy the wonderful shade trees, roomy parking for RV & boat, an outside sink for cleaning your catch. The park is just one mile from Peters Sugar Loaf Marina.
- Cable TV
- Wireless Internet Service
- Water / Sewer Hook-ups
- Electric (20, 30, & 50amp)
- Public Restrooms / Showers
- Public Laundry room (coin operated)
- Dump station (Fees apply)
- Fish cleaning station
- Fishing Guide Service available
- Large meeting / activity room
- Computer & TV in activity room